FYI offers many advantages to both faculty and departments. See Faculty information links below for details or contact program director Sue Carson for more information.
Basic characteristics of FYI Courses
- Enrollment is restricted to students in their first year of higher education
- Enrollment is restricted to 19 students
- Courses meet one (or more) of the University’s General Education Program (GEP) Requirements.
- Objectives of FYI Courses
- Pedagogy in FYI Courses
- What Is Expected of FYI Instructors?
- Faculty Stipend
- The Impact of FYI
- What is Inquiry-Guided Learning?